14 July 2013

Some of my favs from the archive

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog today. Since my blog is still in it's infancy, I thought I would share three of my favourite projects and why. 

First up is a card I made for the Kraftin Kimmie design team call in June of this year. The image is Mad Hatter by Kraftin Kimmie, and is coloured with Copics. I love the Moonlight Whispers series, and this was my first ever Kraftin Kimmie stamp! The card came together really quickly, and was especially rewarding because I only used items from my stash.

Next is a card starring Wyrn from Tiddly Inks, coloured with Copics and using Deconstructed Sketch #101. This was my entry into the Copic Oz Koala Kids Challenge. I love everything about this card. It is clean and simple, and I was really pleased with the way the colour palette and colouring came together (I used Alyce's tutorial here to colour the branch). 


The winners of the challenge were announced at the Brisbane Scrapbook and Papercraft expo, and....
...it was me! Here is my goofy photo. And yes, I am holding my own card upside down. I was so excited at the time I didn't realise :D

My last project is an oldie but a goodie. This is the card I made for my brother's 21st birthday the year before last. The image is by Sureya and is coloured with Copics. I made the sentiment myself using a freebie font from DaFont (sorry I can't remember which one. Most likely something from the 'grunge' category). I tend to make my own sentiments for most of my cards these days. Like digital stamps, you can customise the size to suit the project, and I can never really find what I need with pre-made sentiments. Looking back at this I can see how much progress I have made with my colouring, but this card has so much attitude it is still one of my favs. 
I hope you will stick around to see some of my new creations in the future. Thanks for visiting. Ciao. 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeousness all over!!

    Congrats on winning first place!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!