15 July 2013

Tiddly Inks DT call

Oh. Em.Gee. Tiddly Inks is having a DT call!! I am really excited/intimidated to try out for this amazing team!


Now, down to business. I had printed Fairy Fae quite large (~13cm high) so I could practice all those tiny little pleats and practice my blond hair combo. I also used this amazing creation by Alyce of Kit and Clowder as my inspiration for the two-toned wings. I was so pleased with my colouring on this one I was going to put it in my portfolio, but when I heard about the DT call, I thought it would be the perfect candidate. 

To be honest with you, I always get a bit of performance anxiety when I need to make a card for a specific purpose, like a special birthday or a DT call ;) The more important the occasion, the more difficulty I have making the project, so you can imagine the trouble I had with this one! I had also printed this image much larger than I normally would, so it really stretched my card making abilities. Here is what I came up with.



The papers are all from my scrap box (I'm trying to whittle it down) which I distressed with Vintage Photo DI, and the butterfly is a leftover from one of Alyce's class kits. The sentiment is a freebie from Create with TLC.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Tiddly Inks Challenge #113 - Faries and Mermaids
Party Time Tuesdays #128 - Wing It!
Sister Act Card Challenge #15 - Anything Goes
Oldie but a Goodie - In the garden (my 'old' item is the lace which I bought at a scrapbook convention last year!)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you like my work, please become a follower and help me get my blog started :)

10 comments:

  1. Well I love sunny Queensland, Copic markers and crafting and I definitely like what i see here. I'm staying! Gorgeous card Amy and fabulous colouring. Love it! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, one would never know you had trouble or suffered anxiety about making this gorgeous card. Your coloring is amazing and the card design is fabulous! Love the scrap drawer papers!! I'm with you on trying to whittle the collection down - and I just keep buying more paper! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us this week at the Sister Act Challenge Blog.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing coloring, Amy! Good luck with the DT call :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning.... Your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning.... Your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great card and your coloring is simply amazing! Good luck and thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, I'm stuck for word's your card is beautiful and your colouring is stunning. I am certainly your new follower. Good luck with the dt call you never know we maybe working together if we get picked of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, I'm stuck for word's your card is beautiful and your colouring is stunning. I am certainly your new follower. Good luck with the dt call you never know we maybe working together if we get picked of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wpw your card is so amazing. The colouring is so pretty. t
    The wings and hair are fanatstic! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Amy. Your coloring is superb. Good luck for the DT call.

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!