7 October 2013

MiC graffiti party!

Damn! I missed World Cardmaking Day. That's the downside about being 12hours ahead of most of the world...I find out about these things  after the time has passed in Australia. Oh well. Today I am sharing a card I made for my brother’s birthday. I made this on the 6th which is when I found out about WCD, so it still counts, right?! The images are Make it Crafty (‘urban scene’ and ‘rocker dude’). The image was coloured with a bunch of different Copics listed below. If you are quick, you can grab the urban scene background (and a few others) as a freebie and take part in the Make it Crafty and Little Miss Muffet Stamps graffiti party here.

Since I wanted to write my brother’s name on the wall, so to speak, I used a font called ‘Souper 3’ from Dafont to get a graffiti look. I printed out the letters, then traced them in pencil onto the image (so I could re-position and overlap them a bit), then went over the whole thing in a 0.3 multiliner and erased the pencil. Easy.



This was a card of firsts for me – first scene, first grass, and first DIY graffiti. As a consequence I got a bit lazy with the actual card making part, and just matted on black cardstock, distressed the edges and popped it up on foam tape on a plain black base. Since it is a male card, I figured it doesn’t matter too much.

Copic colour list:
Wall & bricks – W00/1/3/5 and E13/15/18/50
Footpath, road, fence, jacket – C00/1/3/5/7/9
Clouds & sky – B0000/000/00 and C00/1/3
Grass – G20/21/94/99 and YG63
Skin – E000/00/21/13 and R20
Hair – E21/25/27
Shirt/shoes –R27/46/59 and E18
Jeans – B93/95/99
Guitar – R46/59 and 100
Graffiti – YR04/07; Y15/17; multiliner and white gel pen

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Make it Crafty - Graffiti party (using urban scene)
Cute Card Thursday - #289 Signs of distress
Papertake Weekly- Anything goes
4 Krafty Girlz Challenge - Anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - #27 Anything goes
Craftitude - #50 Anything goes / things starting with 's' ('s' for scene)

Thanks for looking :)

7 comments:

  1. Stunning card full of firsts! :) I think it looks great, Amy.
    Have an awesome day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually pretty awesome - you've rocked it! And for a boy card - yep, it's perfect. :D Love the colors and your coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link! I couldn't find it for nothing the other day. LOL And you didn't set up the rainbow eyes challenge? Hmmm, I must have remembered wrong. LOL

      Delete
  3. Um, awesome coloring! Thanks for sharing at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Card, your coloring is just amazing!!
    Thank you for joining us at Craftitude
    Hugs DT Norma Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool great images too, Love it!

    Hugs
    Kim

    Kindly check my new site for more digi's DigiDarlaDesigns.com.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. your gallery is just very nice .graphics are very nice . your website it just super. best of luck . do come visit me some time. that goes to everybody who see this. WE.HOBBIESANDCRAFTS.NET. and please sign my guestbook at the bottom of my webpage to let me know you came to see me do send your very good friends ( thank you ) it good to meet new friends. love a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!