3 October 2013

One of my kind


Hello everyone! I am back from my holidays with a new DT post for Southern Girls Challenge and this fortnight our theme is 'Inspired by a Song'. Our generous sponsor this week is Delicious Doodles and I choose to work with 'Dragon Dreams' which you can find in the shop here. This image makes me think of the Rogue Traders' take on INXS's 'One of my kind' (wow, that was a mouthful!).





I'm really pleased with how her eyes turned out. Her hair looks like it needs a good brush, but hey, I haven't touched a marker in 6 weeks, so I'm a bit out of practice! I added some glossy accents to the eyes, and clear spica to the scales for a bit of shine. I also used some more of my favourite black rose trim. 




I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Sweet Stampin' Challenges - Things with wings
The Corrosive Challenge - Cute and Creepy
A Creative Romance - Fairytale / Things with wings
Emerald Faeries - Sparkle

Thanks for stopping by, and I would love for you to leave me a comment :)

5 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Thanks for sharing at A Creative Romance hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very dramatic! Stunning image,fabulous colouring and great design! Lovely to have you join us at Sweet Stampin ' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your colouring is amazing! I love the lime green and violet combo. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' for the Things with Wings challenge, good luck!
    'Shell
    http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca - Pop on by to win a prize on October 6

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! I love this image and have been waiting to color it up too. I love how you did her face with just color around the eyes. Thanks for playing along with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!