28 November 2013

Creating texture

Ah, my blogging is sparse these days, but I have a really good reason, and here he is:


This is my new puppy Ares. Between looking after him and writing my thesis I do not have much time for crafting! But, back to business. Today I am sharing my project for the new Southern Girls Challenge - Texture. I think one of the hardest things to do with Copic markers is create texture. With this project I have used a stippling technique for the trees. 


This project was supposed to be completed as a class kit by the fabulous Alyce of  Kit and Clowder but I had to add my own spin. I really don't like Magnolia images, so I replaced the image with  Minnie by Tiddly Inks, and the tree is a freebie I pulled off Google images and manipulated in PS. I have added glossy accents to her glasses and white highlights to the little lights using a white paint marker. When it came time to add all the embellishments I just couldn't do it (sorry Alyce), so this is my minimized version, which I also turned into an easel card. You can see the original here.


Here is another tree from an earlier project where I have used to same technique, and you can see where I have also added grass and woodgrain to the fence and tree trunk. I think it looks great! But I can only show you a sneak peak because it is part of a Secret Santa gift ;) Stay tuned!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Tiddly Inks - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything goes
Corrosive Challenge - Happy Holidays
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Live and Love Crafts -  Photo Collage Inspiration (I chose the pine trees with pops of bright red and green)

Thank you for visiting. I would love to hear your thoughts on my work!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! Your coloring is AMAZING. :) Thanks for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    Very festive Christmas Easel card and what a cool image. Your puppy is adorable as well.

    Thanks for joining us at LLC for our Christmas challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Minnie and the combination of images is adorable, beautiful card! Thank you for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks for our "Anything Goes" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!!! Your coloring is incredible! Love the flowers and pretty doily too! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!