23 December 2013

MiC goodness

Hello everyone, I am here today to share some Make it Crafty-ness with you. Since my Secret Santa is no longer secret, I can reveal the whole project now. I create a pop-up card using Elf Delivery System by MiC, a picket fence by Bird, and a pine tree line art I pulled off Google images to create a little scene. Here is the back panel: 


I split the elves into two separate files using Photoshop so I could put the little guy strapped to the rocket on the pop-up mechanism. I used a piece of acetate to create the pop-up arm so that it wouldn't be too obvious against the back panel. Here is the finished product:



The inside was the real deal, so the front is a little bit plain, but here it is using a heavily cropped Punky Roxette by MiC:


My Secret Santa was Barbara of Forgotten Scraps, and I was thrilled that she loved my creation. Today I am also sharing a new MiC creation using the full version of Punky Roxette. I have followed the December MiC facebook challenge sketch, and I am also entering the tag into this month's colouring challenge at Make it Colourful, easy level - red & green. I used up some paper scraps from this year's xmas cards. I created the holly leaves by colouring some white mulberry leaves and flat backed pearls with my copics. I was not overly thrilled with the results, so I went over the leaves in Spica. My general rule of thumb is: if in doubt, add glitter! 


This tag is part of my family xmas gift. This year we are doing a 'handmade xmas'. Everyone has to create 1 gift for their designated person, with a maximum spend of $20. I created a Wild Thornberrys cushion for my recipient (she is a big fan). If you don't know what the characters look like, this is Darwin on the left:


and my cushion design, inspired by these ones on Etsy by PantoufledeVerre



Wow, that was a long post for me. I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges:

Make it Colourful - Easy - red & green
Emerald Faeries - Christmas
Cute Card Thursday - Celebrations
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - #54 Happy Holidays

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card thanks for joining us at CC&CC, good luck cheers Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great selection of projects here. The tag caught my eye on Facebook and it's my fave here too. Fab colouring all round. Thanks so much for joining us at Make it Colourful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Amy. this is a stunning card,I love it. I have looked at your other creations and your colouring is stunning. I am going to follow your blog and I would be over the moon if you followed mine. happy new year. Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle! I am heading over to check out your blog now :)

      Delete
  4. Great idea, really bright and colourful

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Have a lovely evening!

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!