16 January 2014

All things NEW with the Southern Girls

Hi All, today we are kicking off the New Year with the first challenge of 2014 on the Southern Girls Challenge blog, and we would like to see all things NEW. This could be a new beginning, a new baby or maybe a new bit of crafty stash from your stocking at Christmas time? :)

The card I am sharing today features Cupcake Surprise Magnum by Ladybug Crafts Ink, our new sponsor for 2014. Look at this guy! Who can resist an angry, fat, cupcake-eating cat?! No one!! I coloured up Magnum using a new Copic combo E51/31/33/35/37 for the dark fur and E50/51/31 for the light fur. I was also trying out a new technique using this tutorial I found on Lime Tart. I am not very good at colouring fur (I need a whole lot more practice) and I think he more-than-slightly resembles Chewbacca, but all in all, not too bad for a first go.




I also used my new Molotow pain marker to add some spots to the party hats, and my new Orange Peel stickles for the candle flames. 

I hope you will join us for this fortnight's challenge, and thanks for visiting. 

3 comments:

  1. Well I have to say that I think that Magnum looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that fur looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnum looks furtastic Amy!!! I love Magnum's long fur look...he looks so cuddly despite his angry face lol. I think you've done an amazing job and it looks like you're a pro a colouring fur!!! Thank you so much for choosing an LCI image. xx

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!