20 January 2014

Siren Melody

Hi everyone, today I have a quick post to share a Copic project I did just for fun. This is Siren Melody from Make it Crafty. I have had this image for a really long time, but this is the first time I have coloured it. I used my new BV20s to create the shadows on the skin, and I think it gives a great cool temperature feel to the piece. I used this fabulous tutorial from Barbara of Forgotten Scraps to create the underwater effect, although it was a little difficult since I only had half the colours. But I improvised. Not too bad for a first attempt, although the sun rays are a little wonky in places! I had the colours written down somewhere but I lost the piece of paper. Sorry! I will add the details later if it shows up in my messy craft room.

EDIT: I have searched high and low but alas the list is gone. My educated guess instead...


Edit to my edit: The official list:

Skin: E000/00/21/11, BV20, R20
Hair: C3/5/7/9
Shell: RV91/93/95/99
Tail: E18/15, YR15/13/11, Y35/38
Water: BG000, B000/00/91/93, Y000, BG72 (with tip-to-tip blending)


I was inspired to play along at Make it Colourful. The current challenge is blue and yellow for the easy level and sun rays or water for the hard level.  You should give it a try!

Thanks for stopping by :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the details and the way blue has added beauty to this card. Like sun rays and water beautiful done.

    Thank you so much for joining us this month at Make it Colourful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I love all of it, great work on the rays, thank you for joining us at Make It Crafty. Hugs Kaylou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome and you've done an amazing job following the tutorial! I'm so glad it was helpful. Great shading on the mermaid too and textures! :D Thanks for playing along in the Make it Colourful challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!