1 February 2014

Meet Seductive Barbs + some news!

Hello! I have some exciting news to share with you today. The amazingly talented and wonderfully generoud Zoe from Make it Crafty has asked me to join the Design Team and I am SO EXCITED! There is so much talent on this team it blows my mind, and I am very humbled to be able to join their ranks. 

Now, down to business. Today I am sharing my inspiration for this month's Make it Colourful challenge using the *new* Seductive Barbs who you can find in the MiC store. If you don't know how it works, the challenges run once a month (a whole month to get your entry in so no excuses!) and there is an easy and a hard option. You can enter one or both levels of the challenge for a chance to win some MiC goodies. This time, the easy option is to use browns, and the hard option is to colour with a sepia or monochromatic photo effect. If you would like feedback on your colouring, head over to the MiC Facebook group and let us know. Here is my inspiration for the easy challenge:

Sepia-full2
Copic colours as follows:
Skin: E000/00/21/11
Hair: E13/15/18
Top: E31/33/35/37/49 + pencil
Scarf: YR23/24, E15/18
Background: W00/1/3/5/7 and vintage photo distress ink

When I was designing this card I was thinking about an old photo in a locket (hence the oval shape), but as these things do, the card got a mind of it's own and this is what I ended up with. I am proud of myself for using papers from my scrap box to use up, so I have no idea what they are, sorry. I have also used from skeleton leaves that happened to be the perfect colour (!), a wooden flourish off-cut from Kaisercraft, and some flowers from my stash that I inked up with Vintage Photo distress ink. I also used a little wooden post mark that I got from my crafty secret santa - Hi Delphine!

I hope you will join us for the challenge, and don't forget to check back at the MiC store blog for some more inspiration. 

2 comments:

  1. She looks amazing!! I sometimes forget that you can only use part of the image to make portraits like this! I love the colors you used and this is actually my favorite one of the new digi collection. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!