9 March 2014

Breathe

...in...and out. In....and out

Today I am sharing something WAY out of my comfort zone. I got a whole heap of embellishments for Christmas, including a lot of things that I wouldn't have necessarily chosen for myself. I really admire the heavily embellished cards, like those from Alyce from Kit and Clowder, Claudia from Pretty Pressings, and Mindy from Stampin Mindy; but it is very different to my own style (as much as I have a 'style' - I am still trying to figure that out!). So I set myself the challenge to use some of my new bits and pieces and create something embellished. Everything is from Wild Orchid Crafts and the ingredients are at the bottom of the post. 

I created a little scene using 'flower tree branch' from Make it Crafty and 'Breathe' by Saturated Canary. I can't find her in the shop, so she may be retired now. To do this I flipped the both images (I do most of my colouring with a top right-hand light source, and I wanted the light to be shining on her face), and created three copies of the branch using Photoshop. Then I rotated one of the branches, arranged the layers, and voila!
 

I must say, I really don't like the finished product! I had to fight with myself to keep from ripping the embellishments off! I think without the frills, I would have loved it! Luckily I had someone in mind when I made this card, so I quickly sealed it in an envelope and posted it off before I started destroying things! 

BUT, I love this scene!! It is so serene and relaxing I wish I could just step right into it. So, let's all just look at this picture, OK?


Skin - E13/11/21/00/000, R20
Hair - E57/29/35/31
Dress - BV08/13/02/00/000/000
Leaves - G99, YG67/63/03
Roses - R89/85/83/81
Butterflies - E15, Y35/38

Don't forget there is a new challenge up at Make it ColourfulWe would like to see you practice flowers and trees for easy level, or colouring wood for the hard challenge. Hope you will join in!

Wild Orchid Crafts ingredients: mix blue/white bloom set, white gladioli, flat back pearls (ivory), white knitting lace with baby blue trim, vintage seam binding (queen blue), ivory flower-shape flat back pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great to hear from you!