5 March 2014

Exciting news!

Hi Everyone! Today I have some very exciting news to share -  the fabulous Christy Croll of Tiddly Inks has invited me to join the Tiddly Inkers design team! I am beyond excited!! The reason I started my blog in the first place was to hopefully be noticed by these talented ladies, and now my dream has come true! Wyrn was one of the first digital stamps I ever purchased, so I sort of feel that I have come full circle. 

The challenge this week over at the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog is to use green. Did you guess after seeing my card? My project uses Spell on ya! Wryn, and even better, she's only $1! I really challenged my Copic skills with this one. I wanted to create a really dark outline of the character that fades quickly into a light background. I've admired this particular effect on other people's cards that use distress inks, like this or this by Tracey Payne of Crafteezee (a picture is worth a thousand words, and is much better than my explanation!) and I wanted to see if I could recreate the effect with Copics. On top of that, I wanted to include a point light source (the glow from the wand) and used this fab tutorial by Alyce of Kit and Clowder as a guide. As if that wasn't enough, I decided to try colouring Wyrn as a red head, which I hadn't tried before! Here is the finished product:


...and a shot of the inside decorated to match the front. I couldn't figure out where to put the sentiment on the front, so it's on the inside instead! Would you believe that this designer paper was one of the very first sheets of paper I bought when I started paper crafting in 2009? Yes, that means it has taken me 4 years to use it!!


Here is my Copic list:
Skin - E11/21/00/0000
Hair - E15/13, YR04/02 (I think! - my first red head combo and I lost the list?!)
Black - 100, C9/7/5/3/1
Green - 100, G99, YG67/63/03
Wand - YG63/03/00, G20

I really love how vibrant this one turned out <3 Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you will play along with this week's Tiddly Inks challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, Love this! Your coloring is fabulous. I saw this on the Tiddly Inks blog and had to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic- I am in awe of the entire thing - the effects are perfect (the point light source is awesome~) LOVE it!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloween is one of my favorite time of the year and you just made this little witch even more of my favorite :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!