28 May 2014

A pastel challenge

Today is a new challenge over at Tiddly Inks to use pastel colours. Hopefully this one is a bit easier for you, even though I found it very difficult! I usually use the bright 'jewel' tones, so this really pushed me out of my comfort zone! If you head over to the Kit and Clower site you can read a little bit about some of my favourite copic combos and how I choose my colours for a project.

For this card I have used one of the pals from the Flying High Anna Belle set by Tiddly Inks. I decided to go with a CAS layout to compliment the pale colours, and finished off the coloured image with a small strip of DP and a piece of ribbon that I have had lying around for years. I am slowly getting rid of my ribbon collection, but since I don't use it very often it is taking a while!


Balloons (blue) - B95/93/91, blender
Balloons (yellow) - Y13/11/00
Balloons (purple) - BV02/00/000/0000
Dog - C3/1/00

Here is a close up of the balloons. I learned the trick for making items look transparent from Alyce of Kit and Clowder. Make sure you check out the website for lots of other tips and tricks (Tiddly Inks is a sponsor too!).


3 comments:

  1. So cute, Amy, love the CAS feel to this card hun, super image and colouring xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all your comments Avril Ann. It really makes my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you layered the balloons! So well done on the entire card! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!