23 May 2014

Hypnotic!

Today I am sharing a bit of an experimental project with you using Shrunken Alice from Make it Crafty. If you hop on over to the store and look at the Old Oak Tree digi stamp sample, you can see that it has this really cool swirling type of background. I wanted to re-create the effect using Alice to simulate her falling down the rabbit hole. Here is the result: 


Purple - BV08/13/02/00/000
Black - C9/7/5/3
Background - BV29/25/23/20

I actually found this really challenging, but I am pretty pleased with the result. If I was going to do this again I would choose contrasting colours for the main image and the background (I think this is part of why the oak tree example works so well). I also think it would be AWESOME if I had of put Alice on a spinner or wobble mechanism, but that is a project for another day!

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic effect, Amy, amazing hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Avril. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is super fun wickedly creative with gorgeous coloring! Yepp, that'll sum it all up! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!