18 July 2014

Best Fishes

Hello! I am here with today's Fab Friday post using Birthday Fishes from Tiddly Inks. I have merged the extra little fish onto the main image, and then coloured up a second version and popped him up on foam dots for some dimension. I added Atyou Spica in clear to the fish fins for some shimmer, but of course it is difficult to see in the photo.

I am so happy with how the elements of this card came together I even remebered where they all came from! Papers are Prima 'Engraver' and Iron Orchid 'Gallivant'. I also fussy cut a compass from one of the Gallivant sheets, distressed it and used it as an embellishment. The hessian wire ribbon is from Bella Paperie and the wooden sentiment is from Papertole Australia (I picked up some new goodies at a local craft show recently). The spiral stamen, peals and pearl stars are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The flower is the oldest, most ancient flower from my stash. I thought it was so ugly for all these years...until...I put it on this card and it was just perfect! 


Hair - E18/15/13/11
Skin - E13/11/21/00/000, R20
Tail and fins - BG09/05/01/00 and BV08/13/02/00/000
Fish - E18/15, YR07/04, Y38/35
Background - BG01, B93/91/000/0000


There are mermaids popping up all over the place. If you head over to the Kit and Clowder Facebook page we have a competition using some amazing Aurora Wings images. You will get a 15% discount on the images needed to play along PLUS a chance to win $20 Aurora Wings gift card. You have until 20th July to enter. And don't forget you still have time to enter our Tiddly Inks BFF challenge. Quick!!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Live and Love Crafts - By the Sea

8 comments:

  1. This is amazing Amy. I am blown away by your coloring. I love love how you did her hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, and thank you for stopping by to visit my blog :D

      Delete
  2. WOW, Amy, how wonderful, and such super colouring of this fab image xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avril Ann. It is a great image, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. One of a favourite of mine this TI image, the mermaid looks so beautiful and coloured so well....Don't think I will make the challenge this time...will check to see...BUT she is a stunning serene beauty.
    ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start


    ReplyDelete
  4. You already know this but I will say it over and over and yes, over again: love your coloring and sure love your gorgeous mermaid card! It's beautiful in every way possible! Xxx Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgeous card! Beautiful coloring :-) Thank you so much for joining LLC's July challenge. DT Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy,
    Gorgeous card. Love the beautifully coloured image against the neutral background. Thanks for sharing with us at LLC.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!