24 July 2014

Make it mini

This week is the start of a fun new challenge at the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog. We would like to see your mini projects. Think outside the box...or....outside the 6x6 card. I have made a tea bag holder gift card for a friend of my Nanna's using birds 3 & 4 from the For the Birds digital stamp set. This was a super fast colouring job - less than 10 minutes. Must be some sort of record for me!

The template for the base was inspired by this post by Laurie Zoellmer. I did make a few modifications. Rather than folding the two triangle pieces to make the pockets, I cut out the middle to avoid extra layers, so each pocket page looks like this:


So it looks like this:
(unfortunately I did not have any teabags at the time, so you will have to use your imagination)


I also added a second 'page' of teabag pockets so I could fit more in. I stitched these by hand to the card base using coordinating embroidery floss. I could have probably done a neater job of this, but not bad for a first try!


I wanted to do a bright and cheerful theme, so I used Sparky and Marie 'Dreamcatcher' DP, and decorated the front with Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and a few Kaisercraft rhinestones for sparkle. The yellow ribbon is from my stash. Any time I receive a gift or buy something with nice packaging I grab any salvageable gift wrapping bits and pieces and add them to my scraps box. They often come in handy for small projects like this, and I feel good for recycling :D


Chicks - E15, Y38/35/15,13;  E15, YR07/04
Background - BG01/000, B0000
Ground - G99/94, YG67; E44/43/41/40
Pages - C3/1/00



I would love to see what you come up with for this challenge. Thanks for stopping by :)


1 comment:

Great to hear from you!