16 November 2014

Kraftin Kimmie November Release Hop


We're so excited! It is officially release day at Kraftin Kimmie Stamps, and we’re celebrating with a Krafty Hop! Over the last few days in our Krafty Peeks we have shared lots of fun new stamps from all our artists for our November release:
  • Special edition Krafty Day set 'Colour My World' plus coordinating tote bag
  • The new kids set from Cheryl, 'Snow Much Love'
  • And my personal favourite - two new winter fairy stamp sets from Annie called 'Icy Fairy' and 'Snowball Fairy'
You will get to see all of the new images today as you sit back and enjoy our NOVEMBER Krafty Hop! As you hop from blog to blog, be sure to leave a comment at each and every stop because one lucky stamper will win a $10 gift card!! When you are done be sure to head over to the Kraftin’Kimmie shop because all the new rubber stamp sets are available NOW! 

Today I am showcasing a project using snowball fairy:


...and it's a shaker card! Hooray! I'm going to share a couple of extra pictures today so you can see the whole effect, so brace your bandwidth! Here is the finished product using Bo Bunny Elf Magic papers, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, and a few Kaisercraft rhinestones.


Skin - E11/21/00/000, R20
Hair - BV29/25/23
Dress - C7, BG09/05/01/000, B0000
Wings - B0000, BV00/000/0000, clear spica, clear Kindyglitz


I kept this piece of acetate from a small package of embellishments as it seemed perfect for a shaker card. I am sure there are much better tutorials out there in crafty land, but here a couple of action shots of how I put it together. Since the acetate forms a little box about 10mm high, there was no need to use foam tape to create a recess for the shaker 'bits'.

Adhere your image to the card base

Carefully pour shaker 'bits' (I used star confetti) into the middle of the image, and stick the acetate box on top of the whole things using XpressIt high tack tape. 

Cut an aperture in your DP so the acetate fits through, then decorate! 

Now...

*shake, shake, shake*


7 comments:

  1. So gorgeous, Amy!! Your coloring is beautiful and love the shaker box!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing coloring. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off I love this stamp. I thought, well it can't get better than the amazing coloring and the card. I was wrong! A shaker card with stars!!!!! Be still my heart! I love this!!! So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the stamp and great idea..your colouring is FABBY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful shaker card. Very cool that the little star shaker bits match her wand. Love the background paper and your coloring is terrific. The coloring on the skirt is extra cool. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My GOSH...truly fabulous! What an awesome idea to make a shaker card. Such a beautiful frosty creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing design. I love that you reused the packaging.

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!